The truth of the matter is, most computer problems are pretty common and are pretty easily addressed. In most cases, it doesn’t take much to resolve some of the most pesky and common problems. Take a look at these easy solutions and you’ll be well on your way to fixing some things yourself, with barely any work required.
- Restart The Computer – This should almost always be the first thing you do. Doesn’t matter what the problem is, half the time a quick reboot will clear up the issue and get things back running normally.
- Free Up Some Hard Drive Space – If your computer is starting to run slow, you may be running low on hard drive space. This common issue can strike when you’ve filled up your system with pictures, videos, music, and games. Clear some of this out and your computer should start running better.
- Check Your Network Activity – If your download speeds are slow or your Internet performance is otherwise sluggish, check your network activity. See if you have any downloads happening in the background or if there is activity you aren’t aware of. Sometimes neighbors can be hitchhiking on your wifi or malware is allowing others to access your system.
- Clean The Dust Out Of Your Tower – If your fan sounds unusually loud, that’s a sign of a problem. If your computer randomly reboots, that is also a problem. And the problem might be that the inside of your computer is covered in dust. This can cause overheating, which in turn can cause chronic problems with system performance. It can also shorten the lifespan of your computer. Before going in for Computer Repair NJ, clean the dust out from inside your tower!
- Run Some Anti-Malware Software – If your system is running poorly, your Internet is crawling, or you get a lot of pop-up ads, you probably have malware, aka malicious software. This can not only impact the performance of your system, it can pose a security risk. Run one of the proven, trusted types of anti-malware software and get it cleaned off your system!
- Restart Your Wireless Router – Has your internet connection suddenly dropped? No need to go in for Computer Repair NJ just yet. Simply flip the switch on the back of your router, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on again. Sometimes, your internet connection just needs a little reboot to get back to running smoothly.
- Turn Your Printer Off, Then On Again – Yes, it’s this tip again. If you can’t print, instead of looking for NJ Computer Repair right away, just turn your printer off then back on again. Often, a restart is all you need to wipe away whatever unseen problem was getting in the way of your ability to print.
- Contact A Computer Repair Service – Sometimes, you’ve got to know when you’re beaten. If you’re running into persistent problems you just can’t solve, go ahead, take the plunge, and call a computer repair service. They’ll get your system running again for far less than the cost of a new computer.
Any other tips? Feel free to leave them in the comments below!