The truth of the matter is, most computer problems are pretty common and are pretty easily addressed. In most cases, it doesn’t take much to resolve some of the most pesky and common problems. Take a look at these easy solutions and you’ll be well on your way to fixing some things yourself, with barely any work required.
- Restart The Computer – This should almost always be the first thing you do. Doesn’t matter what the problem is, half the time a quick reboot will clear up the issue and get things back running normally.
- Free Up Some Hard Drive Space – If your computer is starting to run slow, you may be running low on hard drive space. This common issue can strike when you’ve filled up your system with pictures, videos, music, and games. Clear some of this out and your computer should start running better.
- Check Your Network Activity – If your download speeds are slow or your Internet performance is otherwise sluggish, check your network activity. See if you have any downloads happening in the background or if there is activity you aren’t aware of. Sometimes neighbors can be hitchhiking on your wifi or malware is allowing others to access your system.
- Clean The Dust Out Of Your Tower – If your fan sounds unusually loud, that’s a sign of a problem. If your computer randomly reboots, that is also a problem. And the problem might be that the inside of your computer is covered in dust. This can cause overheating, which in turn can cause chronic problems with system performance. It can also shorten the lifespan of your computer. Before going in for Computer Repair NJ, clean the dust out from inside your tower!
- Run Some Anti-Malware Software – If your system is running poorly, your Internet is crawling, or you get a lot of pop-up ads, you probably have malware, aka malicious software. This can not only impact the performance of your system, it can pose a security risk. Run one of the proven, trusted types of anti-malware software and get it cleaned off your system!
- Restart Your Wireless Router – Has your internet connection suddenly dropped? No need to go in for Computer Repair NJ just yet. Simply flip the switch on the back of your router, wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on again. Sometimes, your internet connection just needs a little reboot to get back to running smoothly.
- Turn Your Printer Off, Then On Again – Yes, it’s this tip again. If you can’t print, instead of looking for NJ Computer Repair right away, just turn your printer off then back on again. Often, a restart is all you need to wipe away whatever unseen problem was getting in the way of your ability to print.
- Contact A Computer Repair Service – Sometimes, you’ve got to know when you’re beaten. If you’re running into persistent problems you just can’t solve, go ahead, take the plunge, and call a computer repair service. They’ll get your system running again for far less than the cost of a new computer.
Any other tips? Feel free to leave them in the comments below!
We’re going to outline some common electrical problems for you, but first and foremost, remember that electricity is dangerous! Unless you are an experienced (and preferably licensed) electrician, working with the wires, sockets, circuit boards and so on in your home is a bad idea. Not only do you expose yourself to potential electrocution, but slight flaws in your work could open up your home to fire hazards. Bad news!
That aside, here are four common household electrical problems, how to diagnose them, and what you can possibly do to fix them WITHOUT calling a NJ electrician!
- Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping – This is a common and frustrating issue that many homeowners will eventually find themselves plagued with. The good news is that it’s easy to diagnose. The bad news is that the problem might be a little serious. If your circuit breaker keeps tripping, it might mean the circuit breaker is overloaded. That’s bad. It means potential overheating, which can lead to a fire. Resolve this by avoiding plugging in too many appliances into one outlet. If that doesn’t work, contact an Ocean County electrical contractor. You don’t want to mess with something that is a potential fire hazard!
- Frayed or Faulty Wires – This is one you should notice with a simple visual inspection. Wires on your appliances, plugs, and so on look okay? Great. Starting to look a little frayed? Not so great! These may seem like minor issues, especially if your appliances or outlets are still working the way they are supposed to, but in fact issues like this can be a major fire hazard. Do we need to remind you that that’s bad? Don’t let issues like this go. Use an Ocean County electrical contractor rather than put yourself and your family in danger.
- The Outlet Isn’t Working – This is a common one, and it’s very frustrating. You tried to use an outlet, but aren’t getting any power. What to do first? First, check your nearby outlets. Are they working? If not, you may have tripped the circuit breaker. That’s an easy fix! Just locate your home’s electrical panel, see if the switch is at “off,” and if so, flip it back. If not … time you call an Ocean County electrician to help you!
- The Lights Are Flickering – It’s not too unusual to experience this from time to time. The first thing to check is an easy one: is the bulb in securely? They can loosen even through the expansion and contraction of heat, so be sure it’s screwed in tightly. Also double check the wattage. Incorrect wattage for the socket can cause this problem. After that, try another bulb. If none of this works, you may have a wiring problem. That means it’s time to call an LBI electrician to help out!
These are just four problems of the many that homeowners can expect to eventually encounter, but they are at least the four most common. Remember, they can be pretty easy to diagnose, are not all that difficult for an expert to solve, and are downright DANGEROUS to leave ignored. So do the smart thing and get them taken care of!